By Lt. Steve Brock, CSPD Public Information Officer
Spring break is a time of fun and relaxation for many students. But it can also be a time for criminals to thrive.
Don’t let crime spoil your vacation. You can reduce your chances of being a victim by following these tips to protect your home — and yourself — while you’re away.
Protect Your Home
- Don’t advertise your plans to strangers or on social media outlets.
- Make sure your home looks lived in since most burglars want to avoid confrontation.
- Stop mail and newspaper deliveries or ask a friend or neighbor to make daily collections.
- Hide empty garbage cans or ask a neighbor to move your container to the curb and bring it in after collection.
- Leave shades and blinds in normal positions.
- Put an automatic timer on lights and radios, preferably tuned to talk radio.
- If possible, have neighbors randomly park…
View original post 478 more words