On July 27, Bryan ISD will host a Pre-K Registration Day for the 2016-2017 school year. The event will be held at Kemp-Carver Elementary, (750 Bruin Trace) from 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Parents of all eligible Pre-K students are welcome to attend this event.
Students can qualify for Pre-K in a variety of ways (listed below), and the district will provide staff to walk parents through the process at this event. No appointment is necessary. All eligible Pre-K students will be enrolled.
Date: July 27, 2016 Time: 8:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Location: Kemp-Carver Elementary 750 Bruin Trace Bryan, TX 77803
To qualify for Pre-K, a student must:
1. be four years old on or before September 1, 2016, and
2. meet one of the following criteria, including:
a. limited English language proficiency; or
b. income within guidelines for free/reduced meals (proof of income required); or
c. be categorized as homeless according to the McKinney-Vento Act; or
d. be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
e. be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
f. been in the conservatorship of the Texas Department Family and Protective Services (DFPS) (foster care) following an adversary hearing.
To enroll your child, please bring:
1. parent/guardian photo ID
2. certified copy of birth certificate or other form of legal identification 3. guardianship/custody orders if the child does not live with his/her natural parents
4. proof of residence (current utility bill, such as gas, water, electricity, showing name, current address, and date
5. child’s social security card (optional, but preferred)
6. child’s immunization record
7. qualifying documents as needed (examples include proof of current gross income, SNAP letter, foster care documentation, or military documentation)